The Director of State Protocol has announced the burial and funeral service for Major Maxwell Adam Mahama who was murdered on May 29, 2017. The 32 year old soldier who was killed by a mob at Denkyira-Obuasi in the Central Region, while on official duties, will be laid to rest on Friday 9th June 2017.
“He will be given a state burial with full military honors at the Osu Military Cemetery, after a burial service at the Forecourt of the State House. The burial and final funeral rites will be held as follows,” a statement signed on behalf of the Director of State Protocol said. He was survived by a wife and two kids: two and four.
The funeral arrangement is as follow: Vigil Service at Arakan Officers Mess on Thursday 8. June 2017 at 1900 hrs. Body of deceased will be moved from 37 Military Hospital to Forecourt of State House on Friday 9th June 2017 at 0600 hrs for filing past.
- Burial Service commences at 0910 hrs. Procession to Osu Military Cemetery for internment after the burial service.
- Order of procession to the cemetery to be announced during the burial service.
- Final funeral rites to be held at the Forecourt of the State House immediately after burial.
- Thanksgiving service will be held at Light House Chapel International, Qodesh, North Kaneshie-Accra on Sunday 11th June at 1030 hrs.
- Final funeral rites will be held at Bole from 13th -15th June 2017 and Tumu from 16th -18th June 2017 respectively. This information is kindly disseminated for the necessary guidance of a – stakeholders and general public, please.