A lecturer at the Valley View University, Mr. Twum Boafo has adviced the National Democratic Congress (NDC) to come together instead of pointing accusing fingers.
He was reacting to the Kwasi Botwe committee report’s recommendations on Ahotor 92.3fm on Wednesday 21st June 2017.
He believes the Kwesi Botchwey committee has done a good work by moving to party faithfuls in the constituencies to come out with such recommendations.
The committee among other things recommended:
2. That the party takes steps to restore the integrity of the biometric register and the expanded electoral college.
3. We recommend that steps be taken to restore the capacity and effectiveness of the party’s organs especially at the branch level where we believe these organs are the most critical because they are the party’s immediate connection to the people, we are after all a truly mass party.
4. We also have recommendations on ways we can and must improve the collation of election results.
5. We also believe that steps ought to be taken by the party to reconnect itself properly to our social democratic roots and the principal actors in these social democratic roots.
6. We recommend that steps ought to be taken to strengthen research and intelligence in the party. This should involve crowding in a larger body of the party’s intellectual base which has not been particularly active in the past, this will help to support the party’s research capacity.
7. There are recommendations that the party will scale-up and re-invigorate its work in the area of youth organisation.
8. The organisation of women, we note that significant changes have taken place in the country’s demographic profile and that the party ought to take notice of this and all the implications of these changes.
Mr. Boafo, added that all registered members are needed in the NDC especially at this time when they are in opposition.
Twum Boafo, believes much attention was not given to the local and constituency base of the party and that caused their defeat.
He also holds the view that most members in the Volta region didn’t turn up to vote out of apathy and resentments, this was also a cause of NDC’s defeat.
He is calling on the party to unite with the founder, H. E Jerry Rawlings since he holds a great force in the party and is a asset.
He concluded by saying that if the recommendations made by the committee is followed to the later, it will go a long way in ensuring the NDC wins the 2020 elections.
Daniel Koranteng Kwagyiri | ahotoronline.com| Ghana